Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Monica: Still Standing

I’m having another Corinne Bailey Rae moment…. Don’t know what to say other than I love it. REAL R&B IS BACK PEOPLE!!!


“Still Standing” is such an anthem!! I just get in such a zone when its on


“One In A Lifetime” is perfection….


I like “Stay or Go” with it’s hip hop undertones… that’s as much hip hop on a Monica album (no more rapping Mo.)


“Everything To Me” reminds me of her cover of “Misty Blue” on The Boy Is Me… her voice is so classic that she slips so easily into old school R&B


I liked “If You Were My Man” but it seemed a bit misplaced, like it should have been on a different album. The album did change pace a bit at the point... more electronic sounds. So it served its purpose


“Mirror”, “Here I Am” and “Believing in Me” were solid


“Superman” & “Love Over Me” were so beautifully sexy.


One thing about Monica is she will make a short album, get her point across and sit down somewhere. I LOVE THAT!!! It was 10 songs, short and to the point. Great Album.

1 comment:

  1. I dont know....I wasnt impressed by the WHOLE album. I will concur though, One In A Lifetime is PERFECTION...and Lesson Learned is my ish too...but iont know about the WHOLE ablum!

    ReplyDelete