Thursday, December 17, 2009

Rihanna: Rated R


Rated R is a very appropriate title…. Sex, violence and rock.

Really dark… set the tone right from the first second
Dark and angry… a little crazy too. It’s a concept album… shoulda been called EFF CHRIS BROWN!! I mean she put their ENTIRE relationship on blast. It’s one of those moments where I wish people would keep something to themselves. Its fine to be inspired by life but I DO NOT want to hear a recitation of you situation put to music. (*cough… cough* USHER)

Can hear her accent way more…. Guess that’s b/c shes really just talking

Something was amiss on “The Wait Is Over”

I do like Hard… don’t judge me… at least it has a point

Its either I’m pissed or lets talk about what I have. (but I guess that’s her entire life… get dressed and go eat and talk about the “incident”)

Pretty bored… its only track 5. Glad I only paid 99¢

This chile needs some help… like therapy… this just can’t be good. Russian Roulette is … disturbing

I like “Photographs” and “Cold Case Love”… both were very honest. The other songs felt like anger to mask hurt.

I liked the “Last Song”. It had the hard edge without being demented. Another honest song.

Welp, I guess it fits… once a good girl’s gone bad, she’s gone forever… I mean she went CLEAR to the other side of the spectrum. The album sounded like an act of rebellion.


Not my style but I respect the fact that she cared the theme ALL THE WAY out to the end. If your’re pissed off or going through a break up you may find solace in this album, or it might land you in jail, nevertheless… ummm yeah.

1 comment:

  1. For some reason I just can't get with Rihanna's albums. I am more of a singles chick when it comes to her but I can tell she was dark with Russian Roulette. I was kinda like huh? But lovely review dear!

    ReplyDelete