Saturday, May 22, 2010

Erykah Badu: New Amerykah Part Two- Return of the Anhk


20 feet tall was a song that speaks to the soul… I think we have all been there! Destroying walls, realizing your strength.

Ok… Window Seat is… Window Seat. I love this song so much… the vibe, her voice, its so classically Badu I can’t stand it. PERFECTION

[owwwww] Agitation is musically so SICK. Wow...

Gone Baby, Don’t Be Long sounds like a follow up to the Otherside of the Game (“I know you have to get your hustle on…”)

Loving me was one of those Badu-esque moments on an album when ur like wha?!?!? But then you realize it’s an interlude (like the first time you heard Afro on Baduizm)

Fall in Love is a rip from Eddie Kendricks' 1977 song "Intimate Friends” (which I actually remembered from Alicia Keys Unbreakable and had to google the original… don’t judge me.) It’s the song I find myself humming all the time… Maybe its just my sinister side… “slow singing, flower bring if your burglar alarm starts ringing…”

Incense is the song that was playing on the website when I was up at 3:32 AM waiting for window seat to premiere (ONLY for Badu… I love her so)

Out Of Mind, Just In Time is just giving me Green Eyes all over again… one of my favorite Badu songs/ stories. I have woken up many a morning needing to hear this song before I could start my day.

Overall, this album is more classic Badu than Part One. I heard her say on the radio she wrote both at the same time and Part Two is the feminine side and Part One the masculine. I took the time to listen to both together and I get it, but I’m feminine so I like Part Two better. This album is like all of her previous albums combined. It’s no Mama’s Gun (my favorite) but I love it and have been playing it regularly since it’s release.

No comments:

Post a Comment