Saturday, May 22, 2010

Toni Braxton: Pulse


Starts of with Yesterday… old Toni. Love.

I LOVE Make My Heart!! It makes me want to dance!!

Hands Tied is so sexy… should be from the title right?!?!?

I want to like Woman but to be frank I’m kind of over these proclamations of womanhood. I’m all for women being strong but we can portray that with the chorus saying “I’m a woman”

If I Have to Wait borders on country… it was surprising but I love all music so I like it.

I liked Lookin at Me when the beat dropped but the lyrics were a bit immature for Toni. Maam, you’re gorgeous but you’re getting up there. No Maam. But it still makes my head nod so I’ll pretend it’s someone else when it shows up on my shuffle.

Hero is strong

No Way gave me a moment of Let If Flow… one of my favorite Toni Braxton songs. This is so classic Toni Braxton as were Pulse and Why Won’t You Love Me. LOVE.

Overall, I liked it, good music.

Side note…. I’m sure some will disagree but I think Chrisette Michele is the new school Toni Braxton. If you listen to Epiphany some of the songs gave the same tone (as I noted in my review. LOL). Woman sounds like Porcelain Doll, only not as clever. It even had the same balance of vocally strong ballads, pop-ish beats for a wide appeal (Wardrobe vs. Playing Our Song), and a little hip hop to keep it interesting. Listen to Epiphany right after Pulse and see if you can’t hear it too!!

No comments:

Post a Comment