Friday, November 13, 2009

My VERY Belated BP3 Review


Just go right in then Hov. I mean no intro, beat just drops and it’s a wrap!

What We Talking About is just a song about current events and there is no better way to start the album.

Thank you is flawless… it has been my feel good song for the last few months. Something about when the champagne flutes click *click* that puts a smile on my face.

My original review didn’t include anything about this song but As Real As it Gets is my ANTHEM! I listen to it on my way to class [too bad I have to calm myself down once I get in there], in the house, on the way to work. That song gets me HYPE!

DOA works in context, flows right in with Thank You. Likewise for Run This Town (But im sorry… Kanye still killed Hov on his track. So troublesome.)

On to the Next One kinda messed w/ my vibe at first. It was a Swizz Beatz track and his sound is so distinctive… it changed the direction and vibe. But it was so clear within the story [Another anthem track}

I’m a little disturbed by use of “Shawty” in Venus vs. Mars. Just sounds weird. Lyrics were clever but it was the first song I really coulda done without…. Glad that was a short track. [haven’t listened to that one again. 1 play STRONG on the iPod]

Already Home got my attention back- Haters kinda lost me. But as with Next one, it was a sharp change of direction but made sense

Tells a very clear story… I like that.
Get the haters out of the way up front
We Run This
Reminiscing
Progress
Star is born- ushering the new generation
But wait… Still Hov’s world!!!

It was well thought out and well done.

1 comment:

  1. I'm suddenly inspired to listen to this album all the way through! I love Empire State of Mind (where's the review of this song??!) And I love Haters. I thought it was hilarious! Ye is a fool for that one. And you know I love your blog!!

    ReplyDelete