Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Wale: Attention Deficit


He’s SOOO DC… Accent and all.

The beat on Let It Loose felt like an old video game to me. It made me smile. I really liked Beautiful Bliss… he actually gave me a Jay-Z vibe on that.

My favorite song was Shades… It spoke to me being that I am brown skinned. It addressed some of the intra race foolishness we have going on.
Its funny because I had thought about whether President Obama would have won if his skin was darker. HMMMM…

There were a lot of features… I definitely could have done without Gucci (I’m so over him) but loved the ode to Go-Go in Pretty girls. Liked Jasmine Sullivan on World Tour, loved Chrisette on Shades, I don’t know who this chick is on Chillin… sounded kinda like MIA, but I don’t think it was her [turns out it was Gaga]. The Rihanna sample was unexpected… I didn’t know people actually wanted to sample her…

Musically outstanding. The vibe was just so easy. The beginning was a bit monotonous… the music was hot but I really didn’t feel like he said much. Then it became more conscious around 90210 and that’s where the album actually started for me. I could tell he’s more a spoken work artist than a rapper. When he started flowing on the end Diary it all made sense. The end of prescription was dope too. I wanted him to keep going!!!

Overall a strong showing. Left me wanting more.

No comments:

Post a Comment